This is a frequent question asked by those who have found us online or have been referred by a friend, family member, accountant, or attorney.
The first part of the meeting will be for us to get to know each other. We desire to understand how you view money and the role it plays in your life. We want to make sure we clearly understand what you are looking to achieve and the role we might be able to play. We will ask a variety of questions to help us determine if we could be of assistance to you. This will include questions like:
- Why did you decide to contact us?
- What keeps you up at night with regard to finances?
- What needs to happen in the next three years for you to be happy?
- What makes you jump out of bed in the morning?
- What would you say your spouse is great at?
We will also spend time discussing specific financial planning and investment questions you might have. To assist in answering these questions and to understand your complete financial picture, the following documents would be helpful to bring along. We can also provide you with a secure upload link if it is easier to upload the documents before our meeting.
1st Meeting Documents
- Most recent completed tax return
- All IRA, 401(k), 403(b), brokerage, annuity, and mutual fund account statements including CDs and money market accounts
- Estate planning information such as wills, trusts, and power of attorney documents
- Current mortgage statements and estimated real estate values
- Insurance information relating to life, disability, and long-term care insurance
- Current statements regarding any debt including car loans, student loans, credit card debt, and other loans
- Any other financial information you feel would be important
We recommend potential clients check out our website before meeting with us so you can get a feel for our company and how we approach financial planning. There, we detailed our core values which provide the framework for our process. We also outlined our Purposeful Wealth Experience™ process and have some videos where we talk about our relationships with clients and the value we place on financial planning. We also outlined our fees so you can understand how we are compensated.
At the conclusion of the initial meeting we will determine the most appropriate next steps. If we both agree to move forward we will present you with a written proposal by email or at our next meeting. This proposal will review your current objectives and how we can help you address these issues. The exact cost will also be outlined so you know exactly what you will be paying for our services. The next step will be for us to start a detailed review of your information and contact you with additional questions and/or request additional information.